Brock Lesnar faces Junior Dos Santos at UFC 131 in a No. 1 contender’s bout, but the prize he’s eyeing according to HeavyMMA.com is the title shot with Cain Velasquez.
Lesnar lost the title to Velasquez at UFC 121 in October of 2010, and Dos Santos stands in his way of an opportunity of regaining the belt.
“I’m angry that I lost last fall, but being angry about it isn’t the solution, but doing something about it, and that’s what I intend to do to get another title shot,” Lesnar said on Monday.
Lesnar made no excuses for the loss to Velasquez, but believes a rematch will be a lot different than their first fight.
“I was healthy physically, but mentally probably not so. I don’t think it really registers to the general public on my year last year from being sick and losing 42 pounds and just to get my ass to the gym to recover and put that weight back on and then having a title fight, and on top of that while I’m training for a title fight a new baby boy, and then fighting Shane Carwin. Then I was expecting some time off because I really needed it mentally more than anything and physically, and then I booked a fight with Cain (Velasquez),” said Lesnar.
Follow the Scores Report editors on Twitter @TheScoresReport. You can also follow TSR editor Gerardo Orlando @clevelandteams and @bullzeyedotcom, and you can follow TSR editor Anthony Stalter @AnthonyStalter.